As per the directions of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India and the notification of AICTE, Institute is committed to curb the menace of ragging. The brief information regarding the ragging is mention below:
1. Ragging has several aspects with among others psychological, social, political, economic, cultural and academic dimensions.
2. Any act that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of a student should be considered with in the academics related aspect of ragging: Similarly, exploiting the services of a junior student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an indivual or a group of seniors is also an aspect os academics related ragging prevalent in many institutions, Particularly in the technical institutions.
3. Any act of financial extortion of forceful expenditure burden put a junior student by senor students should be considered ans aspect of ragging economic dimensions.
4. Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it : Sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestured, causing bodily harm or any other danger to healthy or person can be put in the category of ragging with criminal dimensions.
5. Any act or abuse by spoken words. emails, snail-mails, blogs. public insults should be considered with in the psychological of ragging. This aspect would also include deriving perverted pleasure, Vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to other the absence of preparing 'fresher' in the run up to their admission to higher education and life in hostels also can be ascribed as a psychological aspect of ragging -coping skills in interaction with seniors or strangers can be imparted by parents as well. Any act that effects the mental health and self-confidence of students also can be described in terms of the psychological aspects of ragging.
6. The political aspect of ragging is apparent from the fact that incidents of ragging are low in institutions which promote democratic participation of students in representation and provide an identity to students to participate in governance and discussion making within the Institute bodies.
7. The human rights perspective of ragging involves the injury caused to the fundamental right to human dignity through humiliation heaped on junior students by seniors: often resulting in the extreme step of suicide by the victims.
1. The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justify harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents. The students who are found to be indulged in ragging should be debarred from taking admission in any technical institution in India.
2. Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filled without exception by the institutional authorities with the local Police authorities.
3. Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging committee of the institution, the possible punishment for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following :
(i) Conciliation of admission.
(ii) Suspension from attending classes.
(iii) Withholding/ Withdrawing scholarship/followship and other benefits.
(iv) Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
(v) Withholding results.
(vi) Debarring from the representing the institution in any regional, national or International meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
(vii) Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel.
(viii) Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
(ix) Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
(x) Fine of rupees 25,000/-
(xi) Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institutions shall resort to collective punishment as deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
4. The institutional authority shall intimate the incidents of ragging occurred in their premises along with actions taken to the council and immediately after occurrence of such incident and inform the status of the case from time to time.
Institute has constitute the Anti Ragging committee : Anti Ragging squad and Monitoring cell on Ragging, through separate notification, to root the ragging in all its forms. Students should feel free to contact the members of these committee any time-any where.